A partial list of the products we deploy include:
- In-Cab Communications
- Fleet Tracking
- Refrigeration Monitoring
- Trailer Tracking
- Auto Tire Inflation/Monitoring
- Automatic Scale Systems
- Collision Avoidance
- Obstacle Detection
- Video Monitoring
- Driver Behavior Systems
- Trailer Skirts
- Auxiliary Power Units
- Fuel Management Systems
- Stability Control Systems
A partial list of the services we provide include: [Click any for more information]
- Formal Deployment Programs within technology provider’s organizations are often underestimated in the critical role they play in the success of any technology product investment. Velociti excels at helping technology providers achieve a paradigm shift, from viewing deployment in a neutral or reactive position to understanding that a proactive stance on deployment greatly increases the likelihood of success for any technology deployment project. We work closely with our partners in developing, implementing and managing comprehensive Deployment Programs.
- Technology deployment projects live or die based on the quality of the Project Management team. For this reason, Velociti made a commitment from Day 1 that we would establish a best-in-class Project Management Office. Every Velociti Project Manager has earned the position as a result of first delivering exemplary performance as a Mobile Technician for Velociti, before moving into Project Management. We recognize that there is simply no substitute for real-world experience in the field when it comes to effectively managing projects. Whether a company is deploying a brand new product for the first time or deploying it’s next 100,000, we are ready to help.
- It may seem a relatively simple task to install a technology product in a truck or trailer. After all, many fleets have shops and technicians with the core mechanical skills to do this work. However, the ability to install a system is only one of the factors that must be considered when planning a deployment.Transportation providers typically staff technicians at levels appropriate to maintain and operate the fleet and therefore, understandably do not have the extra bandwidth required to focus on an important project. Experience with technology products is also an important concern. Investments in technology products are made with the intent to achieve a return on the investment.Velociti not only understands this, but takes this into consideration in every aspect of planning and executing projects. Our goal is to deploy technology in a manner that maximizes the client’s ROI. Often times we accomplish this as a result of completing projects in a fraction of the time that it would take a fleet to do it with internal resources.We have proven the success of our approach as a result of installing more than 500,000 technology systems for hundreds of fleets. We have unmatched capability to help technology providers and fleets implement technology effectively, allowing the target ROI to be achieved and often times exceeded as a result.
- The investment in a powerful technology solution must be maintained, just like any other asset critical to a business. Velociti offers a variety of flexible options to consider for maintaining the performance of technology systems, from 24/7 call-center support to expedited on-site service with guaranteed response times.
- Planning for the execution of fleet technology deployments often includes performing a survey of the fleet assets and locations. This critical step helps to ensure that variations in assets and locations are identified and accounted for prior to the arrival of Technicians to perform installations. Velociti regularly provides this service and has proven its value, in the form of cost savings to clients by clarifying all project requirements in advance.
- The convergence of wireless wide-area network (WAN) and local-area network (LAN) connectivity for in-cab transportation communication systems has expanded the deployment requirements for these projects. Systems relying on wireless LAN connectivity to complement standard wireless WAN connectivity require surveys and installation of data cabling and access points. Velociti is unique in its ability to perform every aspect of such projects, ensuring systems are communicating on all channels.
- As a value-added component of a deployment offering, Velociti also provides complete inventory management for many clients and projects. This includes accepting component shipments from various providers, staging and configuration, repackaging per deployment schedule requirements and shipping, for Velociti installation. All inventory management data is visible to clients 24/7 on our DataMining Project Management website.
- Velociti has earned a reputation for providing cost effective, flexible and transparent staging and configuration services for its clients. From handheld computers to fleet communication systems, we handle it all, processing thousands of devices every month through our centrally-located Kansas City staging center. All staging/configuration data is visible to clients 24/7 on our DataMining Project Management website.
- A successful installation of any technology product is directly linked to a commitment to define and document every aspect of the installation in advance. Velociti has extensive experience developing this level of detailed documentation for a variety of products and clients.
- It is critical that key managers and users of technology receive timely, comprehensive training in order to appreciate and benefit from the advantages a technology solution offers. Velociti’s Mobile Technicians, Technical Support and Quality Control teams are experienced and comfortable providing user training as a component of a technology deployment project, ensuring clients will immediately establish user acceptance and understanding.
- Proper, safe installation of technology products often requires customized components. From mounting brackets to integrated cabling assemblies, Velociti has the technical expertise and resources to design and produce custom solutions.
- Available to Velociti’s Business Partners, Clients, Mobile Technicians and Xpress Partners is a Technical Support Call Center, uniquely trained to provide advice and recommendations.
Private and Common Carriers, Truckload and Less-than-Truckload, leasing/rental, service/specialty, energy, waste, public transit and more.
Class 3 to 8 trucks, box trucks, service trucks, dry van trailers, refrigerated trailers, containers, school buses, public transit buses, off-highway construction equipment, passenger/freight locomotives/rail cars and more.
While Velociti performs a large portion of its projects in North America, it routinely performs projects around the world and has the capability to serve customers anywhere. Projects have been performed from Africa to South America to Western Europe and beyond.
- Velociti Deploys E-Log & Driver Safety solution for Border States Electric Customer: Border States Electric Industry: Electrical, Utility & Industrial Wholesale Distribution Scope of Work: JJ Keller E-Log System (ELD) and DriveCam powered by Lytx Number Units/Locations: 330 Units spanning 80 Locations Timeframe: On-going – completion by early to mid-June 2015 Border States Electric supplies products and services to construction, industrial and utility customers. The 100 percent employee-owned company is the eighth largest ...
- Velociti Deploys EOBR Solution For Con-Way Freight on Over 8,600 Tractors Customer: Con-way Freight Industry: Transportation and Logistics Scope of Work: DriveCam Powered by Lytx, Vnomics Number of Sites: 8,600 Tractors across 282 Locations Timeframe: 4 Months Con-way Freight is the industry’s leading less-than-truckload (LTL) freight transportation company, providing guaranteed, day-definite regional and transcontinental service with exception-free delivery, on-time service performance and faster transit times through a single, unified network of ...
- Velociti Deploys 500 PeopleNet Tablets for Slay Industries Customer: Slay Industries Industry: Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Scope of Work: PeopleNet Tablet Number of Units: 500 Timeframe: Aug – Nov 2012 Slay Industries, Inc. provides distribution, packaging, transportation, and warehousing services in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. They offer liquid and dry bulk carrier services; packaging services for chemical manufacturers; packaging of dry and liquid products, such as ...
- DriveCam Partnership Study Customer: DriveCam Industry: Transportation Technology, Driver Behavior Scope of Work: Installation, Project Management, Staging & configuration. Timeframe: Long-Term Partnership Offering a Professional Deployment Solution is a Critical Element for a Successful Business Model. In today’s competitive market, it’s critical not only to build a great product, but to make sure it’s properly installed. In 2006, DriveCam, the global leader in ...
- Case Study: NFI Industries turns to Velociti for installation of multiple on-board technology solutions Customer: NFI Industry: Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Scope of Work: Qualcomm Communication Systems, Qualcomm Trailer Tracking, The Meritor Tire Inflation System by P.S.I.™ Timeframe: 2009 to present
- Case Study: Sentinel Transportation Engages Velociti to Deploy Multiple Aftermarket Technologies throughout US Fleet Customer: Sentinel Transportation Industry: Transportation, Logistics & Distribution Scope of Work: Drivecam , Peoplenet, Iteris , Doran Tire Pressure Monitoring System Number of Units: 200 retrofit / 50 new Time frame: Spring
- Case Study: Velociti Deploying over 24,000 PSI Systems for Werner Enterprises Customer: Werner Enterprises Industry: Transportation Scope of Work: The Meritor Tire Inflation System by P.S.I.™ – an Automatic Tire Inflation System – ATIS™ Number: 10 Timeframe: 9/2010 to present
- Case Study: Velociti Provides Fleet & Facility Deployment Solution for Old Dominion Freight Line Customer: Old Dominion Freight Line Industry: Transportation and Logistics Scope of Work: PeopleNet On-Board Communication Systems and Cisco Access Points Number of Units: 4,000+ Tractors Number of Sites: 208 Locations Time frame: 9 months
- Case Study: Sysco Turns to Velociti for Extensive Multiple-Scope Deployment Solution Sysco Corporation Customer: Sysco Corporation Industry: Food Service Distributor Scopes of Work: DriveCam, XATANET, SAP Fleet Re-identification, STS Handheld Cradles, SLS Zone Tags, EDVIS Barcode Systems, Gasboy Fuel Management
- Case Study: Velociti Works With Heartland Express to Deploy PeopleNet on Entire Fleet Customer: Heartland Express Industry: Transportation & Logistics Scope of Work: PeopleNet On-Board Communication Systems Number of Sites: 9 Timeframe: 6 Months