Industry: Transportation Technology, Driver Behavior
Scope of Work: Installation, Project Management, Staging & configuration.
Timeframe: Long-Term Partnership
Offering a Professional Deployment Solution is a Critical Element for a Successful Business Model.
In today’s competitive market, it’s critical not only to build a great product, but to make sure it’s properly installed. In 2006, DriveCam, the global leader in driver risk management solutions, realized the importance of incorporating a professional deployment solution in its business model. So they turned to Velociti, the established leader in providing fleet technology deployment services, for that solution.
“Professional deployment ensures the job is done right the first time, which is crucial to the overall success of fleet technology projects,” said Deryk Powell, President of Velociti, Inc. “Equally important is the speed in which the deployment is accomplished, so the client can see the benefits of having the technology installed, while also realizing the return on investment as quickly as possible. DriveCam really gets it, and that has helped ensure the success of our partnership. ”
“Over the years, Velociti has offered the ability to scale and grow with DriveCam’s business,” said Rick D. Walters, Executive Director, Operations of DriveCam. “Regardless of the size of the job, the complexity of the job or the speed in which the deployment needed to happen, Velociti’s dedicated team of account managers, project managers and highly trained technicians have worked closely with our teams and have always been able to meet the needs of our business and the needs of our clients.”
Velociti has installed tens-of thousands of DriveCam systems across the globe and across a wide-range of fleet types. Projects have included a 1,500 transit bus roll-out in 12 weeks for the Washington Metro Area Transportation Authority where Velociti also provides on-site support and maintenance; a 13,000 vehicle roll-out in 13 weeks for Waste Management, and an ongoing deployment with the U.S. State Department throughout Africa to outfit military vehicles.
When asked why they choose to partner with Velociti for their deployments, Rick explained, “What really impresses us about Velociti is their willingness and eagerness to always push the envelope. They are constantly looking for ways to make processes more efficient, looking for ways to integrate with our services and solutions. They are a forward thinking company, which is why we have also found that having Velociti involved up front in our deployment planning and exercises with our clients is critical to the success and the speed with which we can roll-out the deployment. We don’t hesitate to bring Velociti right to the table with our customers, having those complex deployment discussions right along with our teams. It’s the only way to ensure success.”
BENEFITS OF PROFESSIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT
Technology Provider Benefits
- Provide a competitive match or differentiation – Because Clients are currently and will increasingly, expect a professional deployment offering. Competitors are offering and succeeding with deployment services.
- Improve the customer experience – through high quality, rapid deployment and elimination of errors.
- Prepare for exponential growth of opportunities – by having a trained, certified and scalable group of project managers and technicians ready for deployment.
- Maintain influential positioning – with clients by virtue of remaining engaged in the life-cycle of solutions and being able to influence technology refreshes in a proactive and informed manner.
- Develop product performance and user acceptance data – by leveraging our presence in deployments to collect, analyze and act on data.
- Achieve Fiscal Objectives – through rapid deployment and timely activation of solutions and the avoidance of project delays or cancellations.
- Allow resources to focus on winning and executing projects – as a result of having a well-defined, mutually beneficial partnership in place with pre-defined pricing, reporting and responsibilities.
Technology End-User Benefits
- Improve ROI – by getting technology solutions deployed rapidly and correctly.
- Leverage Velociti’s experience – as a result of deploying technology solutions in every conceivable environment, for hundreds of companies.
- Allow internal resources to remain focused – on their core responsibilities and leveraging technology solutions.
- Improve employee user acceptance – of technology solutions as a result of rapid implementation and better performance.
As proven experts in compliance and the science of safe and efficient driving, DriveCam reduces collision-related expenses, fuel costs and the risk of audits and lost business for hundreds of commercial fleets worldwide. The company identifies and addresses the causes of poor driving by combining sight and sound with real-time, predictive analytics. With over 500 commercial and government fleet clients, DriveCam monitors 20 billion driving miles annually, while protecting more than 400,000 drivers worldwide. For more information, visit www.drivecam.com.
Velociti is a global provider of technology deployment services, specializing in the installation & service of a broad range of transportation and networking technology products. Velociti’s experience allows enterprise level technology consumers to maximize ROI as a result of leveraging expert, rapid deployment. Velociti clients include many Fortune 500 companies from a wide variety of market segments including transportation, retail, distribution, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, food service and public venues.
For more information visit www.velociti.com or call toll free (855)-233-7210.